NOBIDAN’s Research Committee is involved in a variety of activities and initiatives designed to enrich research knowledge in Black Registered Dietitians, Dietetic Interns, Dietetic Students, and anyone interested in learning more about research.
Our mission is to offer simplified research topics via different learning platforms for the advancement and learning opportunities of nutrition professionals. NOBIDAN's Research Committee will provide virtual learning that creates a hub of information easily accessible to all members.
The Committee has designed a wealth of opportunities to give and receive information regarding research education and opportunities. Included in this year’s agenda will be CPEU webinars in collaboration with NOBIDAN’s Professional Development Committee, and other supporting research entities designed to enrich the research culture of NOBIDAN members. Specific examples of research activities include:
- Virtual Poster Session - Research posters will be accepted and judged in 2021. Poster submission requests will be posted soon
- Research Webinar Series: “Research 101 and Beyond” - A dedicated webinar series to aid in developing research skills
- Hosted webinars with reputable nutrition researchers across the country on topics of interest
- Online Journal Club held bi-annually
- Hands-on research opportunities linking students/dietetic professionals to gain experience and understand logistics behind specific types of research
- Special Research Project - 3 Dietetic Interns will be selected to complete a special research project to present virtually on NOBIDAN
In hopes of creating the best nutrition research content relevant for hosting educational webinars, we will be soliciting new ideas from all NOBIDAN members on topics of interest to meet your learning needs. Please look out for discussion board announcements and social media communication regarding this. Thank you in advance for your participation.
The Research Committee is always open to new members and new ideas. If you are interested in getting involved or sharing ideas, please contact the Research Committee Chair, Jen Cadenhead, via the Academy's Leadership Directory. Click here for the Leadership Directory User Guide.