We are delighted that you have come to the National Organization of Blacks in Dietetics and Nutrition (NOBIDAN) (MIG) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics website. NOBIDAN is an active professional community of more than 900 members. Our mission is to provide a forum for professional development and support of dietetics, optimal nutrition and wellbeing for the general public, particularly those of African descent. We embrace diversity, foster inclusion and promote cultural humility.
Below are some helpful links:
- Get to know the committee members! Executive Committee and Committees
- Check out the benefits of joining! Members Benefits
- Become a participant to the NOBIDAN Member’s Only Website! Members Access (Link Members Access to the PDF document of " How to Access the NOBIDAN Member’s Only Website")
- Exchange ideas and insights with members online community! Social media presence on Facebook, Instagram , LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Join a discussion, get input/feedback from fellow members and/or share your opinion on a variety of pertinent topic. Discussion Board
- Stay on top of the latest community news and hot topic articles by subscribing to the NOBIDAN Newsletter
- Find and connect with other NOBIDAN colleagues through our Member Directory
- Become involve whether being a seasoned professionals to give back by mentoring students or early career professionals in their journey in the field of nutrition and dietetics or being a student who is seeking a mentor. Mentorship Program
- Get access to educational, food and nutrition industry specific live and recorded webinars from NOBIDAN professional development with CPEUs through the Academy’s online certificate program. NOBIDAN Webinars
- Contribute by submitting articles on important issue containing research pertaining to the African American and African Diaspora communities. NOBIDAN’s Research Committee
- Submit educational and training materials specific to African-American dietetic practitioners and those of African descent as well as practitioners with an African-American, African, Afro-Caribbean patient/client base. Member Resource Library
NOBIDAN offers scholarships and stipends to NOBIDAN student members. They are awarded to further education, obtain certifications, gain leadership skills and involvement in professional activities. Click here for further information.
If you have questions about the benefits of NOBIDAN or are interested in getting involved, please direct your questions to NOBIDAN@eatright.org
We welcome you to NOBIDAN, the premier Member Interest Group (MIG) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics profession. We are dedicated to providing you with information, strategies, networking and the support necessary to succeed and excel in the profession of food and nutrition.
We appreciate your interest and support!
NOBIDAN MIG Executive Committee
June Thompson, MS, RDN
Chair of NOBIDAN