Welcome to NOBIDAN’s website and the 2019-2020 membership year! I’m excited to serve as your Chair for the upcoming year and to work with such an esteemed group of leaders (see below).
- Chair-elect: Denine Rogers, MS, RDN, LD, FAHA
- Secretary: Veronica McLymont, PhD, RD, CDN
- Treasurer: Rojean Williams, MS, RD, LDN
- Nominating Committee Chair: Brittannie Chester, MS, RD, LD, CDE
- Nominating Committee Members: April Stull, PhD, RD and Carol Taylor, MS, RD
- Communication Committee Chair: Tornia Anderson Morgan, BS, CPT
- Membership Committee Chair: Jasmine Westbrooks, MS, RDN
- Mentorship Committee Chair: June M. Thompson MS, RDN, FAND
- Professional Development Committee Chair: Bridget Harvey-Elliott, MS, RD
- Public Policy Committee: Judith Anglin, PhD, RDN, LD, FAHA
- Research Committee Chair: Jill White, EdD, RDN, LDN
As a team, the Executive Committee is here to ensure NOBIDAN creates the best programming for YOU – because YOU ARE NOBIDAN. We want to hear from you and your needs, so please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or ideas.
The future is bright for NOBIDAN! For the upcoming year, I look forward to several new initiatives. These include:
- Launching a new website to enhance our communication between members and improve our online presence;
- Expanding upon our pilot Mentorship Program to continue to learn and grow from one another and give back to the younger generation (reach out to June Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in being in the program);
- Continuing to offer informative webinars to NOBIDAN members and expand this work to non-NOBIDAN members to spread knowledge around important issues that affect communities of color, particularly African American and those of African descent.
To elevate community and build connections, we are also hoping to highlight the great work that you, our members, are doing in various parts of the country. In this vein, please share any photos with us that we have your permission to circulate through our social media channels. This will also help us to get to know each other to help build community. (Please only share photos of those who have given permission for their photographs to be shared.)
I hope you are just as excited as I am! I’m excited about the continued growth of NOBIDAN over the upcoming year, and I hope you do not hesitate to connect with me to share your great ideas!
All the Best,
Alison Brown, MS, PhD